Monday, May 31, 2010

Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary


My aunt and uncle will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next weekend and to help them celebrate, their two daughters have arranged an open house type party in their honor. I will be there to help everyone celebrate. 50 years! Wow!

I remember being at their wedding as a little girl but I had forgotten that my parents were Matron of Honor and Best Man. My cousin sent me this photo along with some others that I don't remember ever seeing. Thanks Cousin! My mom is on the left, my dad on the right, and my aunt and uncle, of course, the bride and groom, a beautiful couple. They all look so young and happy. Mom looks so pretty and my dad so handsome. My parents are both gone now and I miss them so much so it was great to see this photo perhaps for the first time. And I can't wait to see my aunt and uncle, cousins, and family members, that I haven't seen for a very long time.

No comments: