Sunday, December 27, 2009

Endings and Beginnings



I would be lying if I said I was sad to see this month end. And I'm looking forward to a brand new year. Here's to new beginnings...................

I've got some big plans for 2010. Updating my website is a big one. Maybe add a shopping cart and other bells and whistles to make navigation easier. It's also time I concentrated on
some new designs, both in the bead department and in the jewelry department. I need to freshen things up and add some more fun!

Teaching is an idea I've been toying with for some time. I've been asked many times if I would be willing so I think I may start thinking about a curriculum and a place to actually do the
teaching.

Oh, and I may go back to doing shows again. I miss the interaction with the public and that chance to see first hand what my customers like and don't like about my art.
We also have the winter Olympics coming up in Vancouver BC in February. Camano Island is only a couple hours away from the events and our community of artists here on the island are hoping to snag some of those folks visiting the Vancouver area. I'll keep you posted in case you are one of those travelling that way. We have lots to offer.

I've been working very hard the last few days making lots of beads. I'll be updating my Etsy store and I also have a large set to offer up for auction on eBay starting Monday, (12/28/09), at 7 pm Pacific time. It's called "Aitutaki". 33 stunning beads with 3 focals and lots of different shapes and sizes. Classic Hippkitty beads! Aitutaki is one of the Cook Islands in the South Pacific. Lush and mossy greens, earthy browns and watery, shimmering, turquoise, aqua and teal.

No comments: