Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I guess I won't be making beads today.....

I turned on the kiln and started the oxycon this morning. Found some soothing tunes on my CD player. I was really appreciating the sun shining through my studio window right onto my work surface. As soon as I lit the torch however, the power flickered out. It came right back on but it's a really good thing I didn't have a kiln full of beads or they would have been garbage. The wind is HOWLING today. I just didn't realize it before I sat down to make beads. Guess I'll have to go to plan B and find something else to do. Maybe I should think about vacuuming, or tackling the ironing I've been putting off. Just doesn't sound as interesting as making beads. 



A lady contacted me by email a couple days ago and she told me she was so excited to find my website online. She stated that her husband had purchased one of my bracelets for her several years ago at an art gallery in Cheyenne, Wyoming and she loved it so much but unforturnately lost it. At first she asked me if I would remake the beads so she could perhaps make another bracelet. I dug through my archives and actually found a photo of the original bracelet. I emailed the photo to her and told her I could remake the bracelet and she was so, so grateful. The bracelet had held such a sentimental value for her because it was a gift from her husband. She also stated her daughters and granddaughters were hoping that she may give the bracelet up to one of them one day. How sweet that one of my pieces could mean so much to someone. I am more than happy to make her day! I was even able to find the unusual sterling silver fish clasp and Birkenstock sandal charm that I used for the original bracelet. I can't wait till it's done and I can send it to her. I wish I could be there when she opens the package!

2 comments:

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

What a beautiful story. And the bracelet is so special with the fish clasp. I really understand your costumer!!!

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

I love this. It is a beautiful and unique bracelet.