Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Small bead set available in my Etsy shop.


I have never cooked lobster before.
My husband suggested that maybe we deserve a special treat for Valentine's Day, so he proceeded to order a couple of lobsters for us from our local supermarket and asked me to pick them up today. 
 I said "no problem".
 After making my way to the supermarket meat department, I motioned to the butcher on duty to tell him I was there to pick up my husbands order. He disappeared through the double revolving doors into the cooler and returned seconds later with a large clear plastic bag containing two "whole" lobsters. Hmmm.....not what I was expecting... 
Now just a few moments ago when I got home from the grocery store my husband, standing at the door when I started unloading the groceries, asked me if I had remembered the lobsters and so I held up the bag to show him.  Then asked me if they were alive. I looked down at the bag I was holding and realized they WERE ALIVE!!!! I shrieked and nearly dropped the bag. I don't know what I was thinking.
I will just have to resume my lobster cooking research on youtube.....
.....and the lobsters will have to sleep out in the shed tonight because I can't bear to look at them in the fridge.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your beads are beautiful!
Inge

Anonymous said...

Soooo... are the lobsters still in the shed???

Vickie Who? said...

Haha! Nope. The lobsters were delicious!