Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dia de los Muertos



I love Mexican folk art. I just can't resist all that color! So in celebration of El Dia de los Muertos, Day of the Dead, or All Souls' Day I've created a OOAK, (one-of-a-kind), glass lampwork sugar scull pendant on a sterling silver bead strand chain. The pendant has a unique glass bail with a loop from which the other beads hang. The very colorful and whimsical sugar scull bead has a twisted pink and salmon headband with a periwinkle flower and she is wearing turquoise earrings, of course. The pendant is strung on a 24" chain and comes signed with my own sterling silver Hippkitty Beads tag. Find it in my Etsy store soon.
We had our first big fall storm last night. We lost power for a short while while the wind howled. The neighborhood looked like a war zone this morning with all the leaves and branches on the ground. Good thing it wasn't trash day or there would be garbage cans all over the neighborhood.
I'm determined to relax today. Maybe watch a movie later. Hope you have a relaxing Saturday also....

No comments: