Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer's Gone......


I spent the afternoon greeting folks and chatting with the other artists participating in the Harvest Jubilee Art Show. I had a really great time. I met some fabulous artists from my area and I'm so overwhelmed by the creative talent I am surrounded by! If you live close you really should think about checking out this show of talent next year.
I didn't come away with a prize this time but it's no wonder. I was competing against world class artists and this particular show doesn't delineate the different art categories. All artists, painters, sculptors, and 3 dimentional artists were competing against each other for placement. I wish I would have thought to bring my camera to take a photo of the amazing pieces that won. I was blown away!


It's fall already. Summer is gone. I harvested my pumpkins yesterday and picked the last of the beans. We have a few more luscious ears of corn to enjoy before the frost comes. It was a pretty productive little garden this year. I'm still sick about the two tomato plants I had to destroy because of fungus but I'll do better next year.
The focal bead in the photo above is available in my Etsy store.

No comments: