Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!






There is lots going on in the Miller household. Hubby is installing new windows and he would've had them finished but the big box store that we ordered them from broke one in shipping. Turns out when the window was reordered they gave the wrong measurements and now it has to be ordered again. So, the project is now 3 weeks late and will be another 3 weeks waiting for the correct window to be manufactured. Oy! I really detest big box stores. Too many hands to go through. Too many chances for mistakes. No more. From now on we will support the local hardware and lumber yards which is what we should have done in the first place.

I'm having an open studio this week. Hosted by myself and Seagrass Gallery, here on Camano Island. So far we have a few ladies that are coming on Thursday to watch me make beads. It may turn into a regular thing. I'm not sure. We'll have to see how it goes. If you live in the area and you would like to come and watch you can contact Doris/Seagrass Gallery at (360)387-8300.

We spent the evening with our son and daughter-in-law and newborn Linkoln a couple days ago. I took a few photos but I'm used to photographing things that don't move so he is a little blurry. But what a sweetie! He was awake just long enough to eat and get changed of course but he had my full attention.

I had some professional photos done for a gallery project and my new friend Indy, (the photographer), was playing around with some of my jewelry and she took some awesome shots. This is a closeup of one of my floral cube beads. I love the colors! I may use this shot for new business cards. Photo by Indy Behrendt of "A Portait By Indy", Stanwood, WA







No comments: