Friday, February 6, 2009

Still here....







I know, it's been awhile. Life got in the way again.....

The pendant above is a one-of-a-kind glass lampwork cone with dangles. I say OOAK because it took a very long time to create and I tend to hold my breath when bead takes that long in the flame. There are no guarantees that it will come out of the kiln without a crack. I put it in my Etsy store this morning and it sold within seconds to a very good, (and grateful), customer. Thanks G.!

Winter is progressing nicely. We're noticing we still have some light in the sky after dinner. There's also some buds on the trees. I know spring is still a ways away but I think we're on the downside of the long wintery days. At least I felt that way until the weatherman said there may be some snow mixed with rain next week...... Ugh!

I'm finding myself with a little more time on my hands lately. My son and his family have moved from the island to a town about 25 miles away. Since my grandchildren will be going to a different school soon I won't have them here as much. I'll miss them fiercy and I'll have to find other things to fill my time, (like that will be a problem!). I think it will work out better for their family in the longrun. Not such a long commute so hopefully they'll have more time to do the things they want to do and spend more time together as a family.




I'm going to have to start thinking about my newest grandson who will be born in April. His name is going to be "Linkoln". I've got a couple projects in mind so I need to get started. I was thinking maybe some handpainted furniture. His room will have a "puppy" theme. We used to have a store in our area that sold unfinished wood furniture. I wonder if it's still there....

No comments: